Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow In St. George


It started to snow Wed. at about 3:30as the kids were getting out of school, and the hope began. Snow anytime in St. George is a big deal and this early in the year it is amazing so we were all pretty excited. By 9:30 we had around 2 inches and it was still coming down. The kids on our street all ended up at my house having snowball fights and trying to scrape together enough snow for a snowman. It was so fun to watch then enjoy this Christmas Miracle. It became even more fun when the school announced that school was canceled because they are just not equipped to handle snow here. So the snow playing and watching went on until late last night. We woke up to another 2 inches and more coming. My Niece and Nephew came over this morning and are spending the day with us. The snowball fights started early and breakfast was hot chocolate and banana bread. It feels like Christmas and is an answer to the little girl that lives in my hearts prayer. I will always dream of a white Christmas!!!

4 comments:

Candace said...

Hooray! :)

The Dutton's said...

Snow! How wonderful! We are STILL waiting! It has snowed all around us-Alpine, Show Low, Snowflake, Greer-we have only been blessed with wind! Shocking I know, but yes, wind in Eagar! Ha! I'm excited you got snow!

grandmadebbie said...

Cindy, was glad to find your blog. I live in logan utah and we heard you got snow. How Fun!!! Hope you have a merry christmas. Would love to have those long visits again.Debbie Wiltbank Andersen

Anonymous said...

Yay! Wish I was there. I have wonderful pitures of snow in Ivins at my new duplex and huge icicles hanging off our roof. That one had 8 inches and lasted 8 days.

Have fun and take lots of pictures.

Love to everyone,
Gramma Fackler