Sunday, October 12, 2008

What a boy wants


What A Boy Wants
By Cindy Fackler

When You were three you would always say,
"I want to be that guy.

The one that rides the horses and can let his lasso fly.
I want to ride the rodeo, I want a gun and boots.
I want to be a cowboy mom, I think it would be a hoot."

When you were eight you would always say,
"I want to be that guy.

The one that rides in BMX and can flip his bike so high.
I love the feel of freedom as the wind blows in my face.
I want to be a biker mom, I know I could win the race."

When you were sixteen you would always say,
"I want to be that guy.

The one that wins the tournament and makes the girls all sigh.
I need the feel of victory, I'll pin the others flat.
I want to be a wrestler mom, and live life on the mat..."

Then your soul turned to heaven
and a tear escaped your eye.

"I need to know my brother, the one that died for me.
I want to be a missionary mom, I have felt it on my knees."

And so you will go and serve him, you must find those wondering ones.
You have the courage to teach them you are one of his valiant sons.

Go forth with a virtuous spirit and spread the gospel light.
This is the man I felt you could be, I knew you would choose the right!


If a picture speaks a thousand words then this one says "Pure Joy!" Have you ever seen such a look of love in a face as the face of this little boy. This is why I sent my son on a mission. This is the reason I could let him go for two long years. It has not been an easy thing to do but there are not words to tell you of the blessings we have had in our home because of our sons service.

Ross will be home on Jan. 6 2009 (just under 3 mo.)

12 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh Cindy,
LOVE the poem! Ross looks so good & you can tell he totally loves being a missionary. I can't believe how much he looks like Kevin now.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

What a beautiful poem and even more beautiful picture. You've done good Cindy.

The Nelson's said...

wow ross looks so good. I loved the poem!

Quetta said...

Oh My Goodness, I can't believe it is almost time for Ross to come home, Amazing!! Cindy I love reading your blog

Markee said...

we are living in gilbert, where are you guys living?

Anonymous said...

Ross is my first grandson to serve a mission and I am super proud of him as I have been all his life.

I'm so anxious to see him home. Trying to figure out how to be there in 2008.

Love to everyone,
Gramma Fackler

Anonymous said...

Cindy, this is a wonderful poem. It feels as if you might have been writing it for years, all the years of Ross's life. So eloquent and full of mother's love.

I'm so thrilled you are blogging, so impressed, so proud that YOU are my daughter-in-law. What a smart son I have. (grin)

write on!
Love you,
Mom Fackler

Sean Rickert said...

I love your site, I can't believe how your kids have grown! How are you?? Cindy

Alyssa said...

Cute blog!! I would say, you have the cutest blog on the block. :) Anywho, I love the picture! Ross must be a great missionary. And I can't wait for you to get him home in a few months so you can be a happy, happy mama (for a couple of weeks).

Kinley said...

Hey Cindy! Of course we know who you are! I showed LaNette you blog and she was so excited! I am glad you are following us- even if we don't do much! See ya!

Unknown said...

in the snow that was me!
~Hannah