Monday, September 29, 2008

Just a question when we use to say Blah Blah Blah, do we now say Blog Blog Blog?

Anyway this is our Blog and as you can tell we call our selves the Fackpack not to be confused with the Ratpack (but if you went in to certain children's bedrooms you might be.) We are a family of seven but always on the look out for more. In fact we have recently made our latest addition. Jorden Gary moved in with us about a month ago. One more teenage boy really doesn't make much difference in this house. We lovingly call him the new Ross since Ross is serving a mission in California.

In my 21+ years of being a mom to boys I have learned a few things. Things like... if you want to eat it later don't leave it in the fridge. If you want to breath don't make chili and if you want to offer comfort don't do it after they lose a football game. Boys play harder, sleep deeper and stink more then any other animal on the earth including the sloth to which they are closely related. Yet even the loudest, stinkiest boy has his charm. There is nothing like looking at the world through the eyes of a 7 to 9 year old boy. The magic is everywhere. Trees are not just roots and branches but space ships, pirate ships, forts and an all encompassing rain forest complete with monkeys. Sidewalks never end and dirt is a gift from the Gods. They see an adventure waiting at the rising of each sun and although they fight sleep they look forward to meeting there best friends, Peter Pan and Godzilla once they get there.

No food ever has enough chocolate in it. No dish of ice cream is ever big enough. And they have never seen a hamburger they couldn't wrap there mouth around. I am always amazed at the things that show up in my washer when washing boys clothes. Spare change, gum wrappers, toy cars, old nails, rubber bands, report cards and worms to name a few. When each of these items are retrieved they are looked at as a lost treasures and immediately returned to a pocket to visit me again on the next wash day ( well maybe not the report card, that hopefully has been washed blank.)

Boys live life to the fullest, be that good or bad. It is not surprising to me that in the same day I can have a mother show up to tell me my son gave her son a bloody nose and then latter find that same boy trying to tenderly bandage his little sisters knee. It would be nothing new to hear boys yelling in the morning, swearing they hate each other and then find those same boys sitting side by side watching cartoons that afternoon. Boys love sweeter, hate deeper, and dream bigger. They fill the world with wonder, mayhem, noise and messes. Each one can make you mad or fill you with laughter just by a facial expression. And it is with a thankful heart I say no two are exactly alike. Boys are the meanest, sweetest, wildest, tenderest creatures that God saw fit to place on this earth and I am eternally grateful for the 3 plus 1 I have the pleasure of raising. What a gift!!!

10 comments:

Candace said...

You couldn't have said it any better! AMEN! :)

debsdialogues said...

How fun to see your family! But um, I didn't see any pictures of the two people that actually created those kids! Good luck and keep with the blogging!!

Alyssa said...

So true, and so sweet! I'm learning! One little boy here and one coming...I'm glad to know these little secrets. I'm sure they'll be useful later. And I'm sure I'll learn lots more!

The Bailey Family said...

Yay! I'm so glad you started a blog, Cindy. It'll be fun to read the updates!

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased to see you writing again, Cindy. You have the most charming way of bringing your life and its sweet, and not so sweet, essence to each of your readers. Reading your blog I re-live raising my own two boys, one of which you took off my hands many years ago.
You are the joy of his life, and add so much to mine as well. With love, your mother-in-law, Sandy

Markee said...

Sister Fackler, you probably don't even remember me... It's Markee Davis (Stoner now) I just had my first baby and yes it's a boy! After reading this I get a little worried about what is coming my way in the years to come! I'm glad I found you guys I love your family.... Eagar misses the Facklers!!

Heather said...

You get your writing from your dad. I am so happy that you have a blog. I miss you guys so much. We are back in Albuquerque so hopefully it wont be too long before we see you. Love you cuz!!!

Cindy said...

Hi Cindy~I am so happy you are BLOGGING!! I added you to my page months ago hoping you would blog again soon. I love seeing your family & boy has Austin grown. Take Care, Love ya lots~Cindy

The Nelson's said...

ah that is the best thing I have read on a blog! you really are amazing! hey how is ross? tell him that I said Hi if you don't mind!

The Arnells said...

HOLY COW CINDY! AMEN! I especially loved this one! Now that I'm a mommmy of an almost 2 1/2 yr old boy...it's amazing to see how closely he relates to everything you said in this one! LOL! I love it! But at the same time...this blog soooo made me tear up....it made me remember babysitting the boys while you and Kevin were out of town and such. It pulled on one of those little tender heart strings and memories of the family!