Sunday, January 11, 2009

YES HE IS HOME!!!

Sorry it has taken me so long to get these on line but life has been crazy. Ross got in one hour late on Tuesday which was a killer. It was pretty nice that he flew into St. George because there are no gates. They just get off the plane and walk into the airport. So we got to watch his plane land and unload. He stepped off the plane and looked over at the door and waved, from there on I was gone. I have never felt anything like that moment. When he stepped in the door I put my arms around him and just couldn't believe how it felt. My little boy was finally home. The only problem is he is so grown up. It isn't that he isn't the same Ross, he is just really grown up. I didn't realize how much I missed him until he was home. It was so fun to stand back and watch each child hug him. Having our family all back is wonderful !!!





















It was so fun when we all loaded in the car and we drove away from the airport with our whole family in the van. I also loved the next morning when I woke up and could hear Ross and Darby in the kitchen talking together. It was just so good to hear his voice. Everyone of us love having him around but Darby loves it the very most. I just feel so blessed to have him home and back under my roof.

13 comments:

grandmadebbie said...

OH Cindy, You made me cry. What a special time for you and your family. I remember those moments in 2001... Its a great feeling to have a missionary and then have a grown man come home. Have a great time with him. Love ya Debbie

Heather said...

Okay so I am sitting here bawling!!! Thank you so very much for sharing that post with everyone. What a special moment. We love you Ross and are so proud of you. We cannot wait to see you!!!!

Candace said...

I remember those feelings when I came home as a missionary. You made me cry! Stop it already! :) Welcome home and job well done Ross!

Unknown said...

The pictures are awesome! I am so happy for your family!!!

Cindy said...

How SPECIAL for your family & he looks GREAT!!! Welcome home Ross =)

Erin Lily said...

oh for petes SAKES! I'm a blubbering idiot now..lol.
What an amazing moment and THANK YOU for sharing it! I'm so happy he is home safe...OMG, where has the time gone!
I was just looking at a picture of Ross a few days ago, all dressed up in his suit, holding tiny Dustin. (bawling again)
Ross, I'm so proud of you! Were so happy your home. :)
..oh and that pic of him and Autin...(bawling again..)....

The Nelson's said...

Wow I can't believe he is home. I wish I could see him. Ross was always one of my best friends. I have missed him, and your family.

Dustin and Tiffany said...

What happened to Ross?! He looks all grown up now! Hey Ross, remember the "cowboy" stage?!!!! Time flies. You guys look so excited. My favorite pic was of Austin holding Ross- I mean hugging Ross! Love you guys!

Alyssa said...

YAY!!! Ross did such an awesome job on his talk today. I'm very impressed. You've raised a very amazing young man, Cindy! Enjoy every moment of the next month with your whole fam! I'm glad you got to have both Austin and Ross home for a little while. I LOVE your family!!!

Quetta said...

Loved to see all the photos, so excited for your family. I have to say though my favorite picture is of Ross and Austin, you can just feel the love, between those 2. Thanks for sharing.
Miss you girl!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what great photos. I'm so sorry I couldn't be there, but it was your day, for sure. I'll be down soon. It was fun working with Ross by phone tonight doing his resume. At least he is going to Dixie and that will keep him there a while longer. No such luck with Kevin, he wanted to be with Cindy and just look where that has led. (smile) Love to all of you, Gramma Fackler

The Bailey Family said...

Cindy, you know why I'm giggling right now... :) Congrats! How fun to have your whole family together!

The Arnells said...

AWE!!! I can't believe Rossy is home...and that he is actually old enough to go on a mission!!!! :( I remember when he was knee high to a grasshopper! LOL! We are sooo proud of Ross!!! Looking at the pictures of the emotions and such along with reading this post made me tear up! I've missed you guys sooo much!